Showing posts 1 - 5 of 10. View more »
These pictures are from our September 2014 mission trip to the Leon district of Nicaragua. We are taking the good news of the salvation of Jesus Christ to these children, along with giving families donated gifts of love.
Reasons to Support Our Organization
We are taking the word of God and the good news of the salvation of Jesus Christ to some of the most impoverished children of the Americas. We are also taking these little children much needed donated gifts of love. Nicaragua is one of the country's we are working in.
One-third of all Nicaraguan children never enroll in elementary school, fail to attend, or drop out before reaching the sixth grade. The majority of these children drop out in first grade, before they learn the reading and math skills they need to succeed in life. Other risks that threaten the well-being of Nicaragua’s children and youth are malnutrition, teenage pregnancy and early marriages, child trafficking and sexual exploitation, gang involvement and HIV/AIDS.
Numbers at a Glance
- Nicaragua's population is very young—the median age is 21 years.
- Over 80 percent of the population lives on less than $2 a day, 45 percent live on less than $1 a day.
- 78 percent of the families in Nicaragua either do not have a roof over
their heads or live in poor quality or inadequate housing.
- Infant mortality is high-there are 27 deaths per 1,000 live births.
- Thirty-two percent of Nicaraguans are illiterate.